We don't split hairs.

Monday, October 10, 2005

The End Times Are Upon Us!

On CNN's "Late Edition" yesterday I saw an interview with 700 Club preacher and former presidential candidate Pat Robertson during which he made a number of alarming claims (1, 2).

Most worrisome was his claim that the current political and natural disasters might be a sign of the biblical end of time. He said:
"It's possible. I don't have any special revelation to say it is but the Bible does indicate such a time will happen in the end of time. And could this be it? It might be."

During the interview he also spoke about his call for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. He excused it by blaming the media.

"August was a slow news month," he said. "They wanted something and I guess I was it."

To make his assassination suggestion seem more palatable, he added that his "sources" told him Chavez had given Osama Bin Laden either $1 million or $1.2 million after the 9/11 attacks.

So, in summation, the end of the world may be coming soon, a call for the assassination of a foreign leader by a former presidential candidate is only newsworthy in a slow news cycle, and even if the suggestion was wrong, 9/11 makes everything okay.

1 Comments:

Blogger bloodysox said...

I wonder if his "source" is Jesus.

I think it's Jesus.

I need this guy's cell number.
I need him to ask Jesus if I should bet the spread on Sunday's Pats-Broncos game.

...fucking crackpot.

12:40 PM, October 11, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home