We don't split hairs.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Great Show

I just got back from seeing a show at Mo Pitkins on Avenue A in NYC, and rather than my usual rant, I feel the need to rave for once.

Invited by a friend of mine, I sat in the upstairs theater and watched as Steve Ben Israel gave a masterful spoken word exhibition, followed by his son's hip-hop group, Continuity, who blew me away. They mixed hip-hop beat-boxing with spoken word with trombone with scat and even with the didgeridoo.

I highly recommend seeing Steve Ben Israel or Continuity if you get the chance.

3 Comments:

Blogger bloodysox said...

Don't know why, but saying the word "didgeridoo" makes me feel less of a man.

2:01 PM, November 07, 2005

 
Blogger JTA said...

I could go on a little word spree here about how you couldn't be any less of a man than you already are, but I'm too big a man to do such things :)

9:39 PM, November 07, 2005

 
Blogger bloodysox said...

Hahaha, stick it in your blowhole.
GO METS!

9:12 AM, November 08, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home