We don't split hairs.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Cut The Schmidt And Run

I'm sure you've heard or seen these comments by freshman Congresswoman Jean Schmidt from the floor of Congress:
A few minutes ago I received a call from Colonel Danny Bop, Ohio Representative from the 88th district in the House of Representatives. He asked me to send Congress a message, stay the course. He also asked me to send Congressman Murtha a message. That cowards cut and run, Marines never do. Danny and the rest of America and the world want the assurance from this body that we will see this through.
After bedlam erupted on the floor, Schmidt came back to the podium and asked for her comments to be stricken from the record. Here is what she said:
Mr. Speaker, my remarks were not directed at any member of the House and I did not intend to suggest that they applied to any member. Most especially the distinguished gentleman from Pennsylvania. I therefore ask for unanimous consent that my words be withdrawn.

Let me get this straight. She specifically directs her original comments towards Murtha, then comes back and says they weren't directed at anyone in particular, especially not Murtha.

Wow!

For a woman, she has one of the biggest sacks I've ever seen!

Good thing she was never a Marine, though, because she certainly cut and ran from her statements. So much so, that she didn't even want them recorded. We are so lucky (and she is so unlucky) to have C-Span in there videotaping the entire thing. If C-Span wasn't there, and there was no public record, I am certain that if the Democratic Congressmen came out and told the American people what Schmidt said, the Republican "leadership" would totally dismiss the entire thing as being taken out of context, being politicized, or never having even been said.

UPDATE: Talking Points Memo has a great piece on what a fool and a liar Congresswoman Schmidt is. Check it out here

UPDATE 2: For further reading on the Schmidt hitting the fan, check out this article from the Cincinnati Enquirer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home